Photo Archive

Chattooga’s first fair was a success
A “Happy Days” scene at Trion High School in the 1950s
The smokestack at Riegel in 1952.
Summerville was incorporated in 1877 as shown by this article in the Summerville Gazette
Summerville Fire Department mid 1960s
The first Supreme Oil Gas Station in Summerville, founded by Harvey McCollum
THe Claude Baker Home near Menlo
These mid 1950s majorettes were ready to twirl at the SHS games
For a brief period in the early 60s, a bowling alley was near Trion but burned
Two noted politicians ride in a parade on Summerville
A Holland postmark, the county had many post offices in the early years
Coca Cola makes its way to the county by wagon
Employee badge Trion Glove Mill which employed hundreds of women from 1930s till early 1950s
Inside the lab at the Riegeldale Dairy, circa 1940
Strikers at the Trion Mill 1934
Patriotic Ceremony in Trion Plaza,
Parade time circa 1960 in downtown Summerville
Lyerly was State Basketball Champs in 1940
1950s Summerville icons, State Restaurant, Southern 5 and 10, Montgomery Mill
The Major’s home outside of Menlo